December 20, 2012 by Molten Art
By Cailey McMillen
- Know that the bruises will fall off soon.
- The cuts, will heal.
Stand in the mirror, fully exposed, assess the damage.
Take a breath. Take a bath.
You don’t have to deal with this now.
- If it was their voice that was killing you,
Write it down,
Write down every word,
Every possessive manipulation that ever made you feel anything else than human.
I will warn you; this will look much like a suicide note.
- Burn it.
Take the ashes and smear it across their picture.
- Call up the last person you pushed away,
The last person who said “I love you”
Not with their smothering breath
Or their firsts
But with their eyes.
- You will feel dirty sometimes,
You will wake up some mornings
And hate yourself more than you hate
The person who did this to you.
- Soap cannot fix this.
- Faith will.
- Yes, you have to look them in the eyes
- No, you may not cry.
- It is not okay.
But it will be